Last Thursday, while I was at work, Lyd got a call from our Mom telling her our grandpa just had a seizure while having his birthday dinner with the family. So that night when I got home Lyd told me the sad news, and we starting packing right away! The next morning we left for San Diego. Saturday, I got to see him. It was hard at first to see him in that kind of state, because to me he has always been healthy and strong...then seeing him just weak, vulnerable, and unable to speak...it was sad. My grandma just told me to talk to him like he could respond because he can still hear and understand what we (I) say just he can't respond. So after I got used to seeing him like that, and I was passed the shock, I told him how I got my G.E.D, and that I'm planning on being a nurse. I also told him how windy it was in Soledad, and that San Diego is as Beautiful as ever! That I loved him and he was the BEST GRANDPA EVER! That I'll see him again...that was the hardest thing to tell him because I felt like it would be a long time before I really did see him again, and I was right. Right before we (colt, lyd, seabury, and I) were about to leave the hospital I was in his room again talking and comforting my grandma...when they started taking off IV's and switching him to a quieter room....he lasted through the night and then Sunday morning at 7:30 he passed away. I was at my grandma's house and when I heard the news it was hard everything seemed quiet and it didn't feel like he should be really gone....Like he would pop up and say just kidding. ha. But this is real and he I know I'll see him again, but he was supposed to live forever and be there when I got married...and such. My grandpa was an AMAZING guy! I love him! The funeral was Thursday the 18th. It was open casket, and I couldn't control myself, the tears were rolling before I even reach him. When I looked at him it didn't even look like the happy, fun, joking, grandpa I knew...I couldn't stand there long. It was hard. We were all hugging after just trying to comfort oneanother while crying. He was a loved grandpa, father, husband, and friend. We all miss him, but we also know that he is in a better/happier place.
Next, Seabury got married today! It's weird to think that he got married and now I'm the next one in line (unless supie gets married before I do). haha. With Seabury married, everyone older than me is hitched, and it all happened in order...James, Lyd, Ben, and now Sea. IT'S CRAZY!!! haha
Then, Sunday, it's Ben and Maryanne's First Year Anniversary!
Then, James, the eldest, is having his Second child on Monday!
And Finally, the yongest in the fam., Daniel is turning 11 on Tuesday!
It's been a crazy and stressful week for everyone...I did however get to see cousins that I haven't seen for at least 10 years! And that was fun. :D
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That was a beautiful message about grandpa...u made me all teary eyed!haha...oh and i probably won't get married before you do!...i'm too young and your too beautiful not to be getting married before i do...if that makes any sense...haha
Post a Comment